EVENT 6008 Monitoring RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I need to apply event based monitoring in SCOM 2012 SP1. And for that i have created a new management pack and then created a Unit monitor for unexpected reboot with the event ID 6008 and saved this into that management pack, which i have created. But it it is not visible in health explorer of the server on which i have applied this. And it is not monitoring anything. And i don't know, why i stuck here. Please let me know, If anyone can help me regarding this.

Please fell free to write if need more information! 

Thanks,

Gourav  

Thanks, Gourav

Wednesday, April 26, 2017 4:38 AM

Answers

• Hello,

I have followed your steps and create a monitor. I could not see the monitor under the health explorer for my agent.

When target to All Windows Computer, we could not see it, if target to Windows Computer, you should be able to see it.

Regards,

Yan Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by GouravIN Friday, April 28, 2017 2:52 AM
    Thursday, April 27, 2017 10:00 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Which class does your monitor target to? Which parent monitor did you chose for your custom monitor? The monitor should be seen under the proper target class's parent monitor, such as Availability monitor for Windows Server Operating System:

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 27, 2017 6:23 AM
  • Hi Yan,

I have check this. But still stuck. I will paste the action, what i have done to create this monior. Please check and let me know if there is anything wrong.

General properties:- 

Monitor Target:----   All windows Computer ,  Parent Monitor:- Availabilty

Event Log:-----   Log Name :- System

Event Expression:-----   Parameter name:-  Event ID    Operator:-   Equals       Value:- 6008

Auto Reset Timer:--- 15 Seconds

Note:---- I have created a new MP for this. And i have trigger this to that MP. 

I will be looking forward from your side!

Thanks,

Gourav

Thanks, Gourav

Thursday, April 27, 2017 9:13 AM
  • Hello,

I have followed your steps and create a monitor. I could not see the monitor under the health explorer for my agent.

When target to All Windows Computer, we could not see it, if target to Windows Computer, you should be able to see it.

Regards,

Yan Li

• Marked as answer by GouravIN Friday, April 28, 2017 2:52 AM
    Thursday, April 27, 2017 10:00 AM
  • Yan,

Thanks for the help and support. I will do the same and let you know if you i need any further assistance.

Thanks a lot!

Regards,

Gourav 

Thanks, Gourav

Friday, April 28, 2017 2:51 AM