none
In project professional 2010 .Project plan loses the format after saving the project RRS feed

• Question

• When the user change the task color and background color and when save the project .

and then when open again the format is lost.

• Edited by John.Eddie Monday, April 8, 2013 1:17 PM
    Monday, April 8, 2013 1:16 PM

Answers

• Hi, The answer is alredy in my first post, let me quote myself: "All formatting is stored with the VIEW object" The word All is to be taken litterally here, so including individual task formatting. So even that will be lost if applied to an Enterprise View. From there on, my previous posts apply. Greetings,
    Friday, October 25, 2013 7:45 AM

All replies

• John, there could be a few reasons for this. A couple of immediate ones to check:

• Is the change being made to an Enterprise view? You don't mention Project Server, so this one probably does not apply.
    • Is it a different user who may have different Local Global definitions for the same view? You mention 'open the project again', so this one probably does not apply.
    • Is it a different view when the project is reopened? Hover over the grey cell at the top of the ID column to confirm what view/table is being applied. Do this before saving and after opening the project to compare.
    • Was the project really saved after making the changes? Try it on a brand new test project.

Graham

Monday, April 8, 2013 1:33 PM
  • When the user change the task color and background color and when save the project .

and then when open again the format is lost.

I have exactly the same problem... When save Project file, formatting is lost (color, font).
    Friday, August 9, 2013 12:31 PM
  • Filip,

This original post apparently was not resolved although Graham's response was the best reply possible given the limited information. However, no mention was made of insuring the user has the latest service pack installed. For Project 2010, that is SP2. Make sure you have that installed. If it is already installed or installing it does not resolve this issue then please provide more information such as whether you are working in a Project Server environment, the view(s), and anything else about your file that may help us figure out what is going on.

John

Friday, August 9, 2013 2:29 PM
  • I have exactly the same issue in MPP views but in Project Server 2013.

My Project Server is in Apr CU 2013

MPP 2013 is in Aug CU 2013.

Please Help!!

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 10:57 AM
  • Hi All,

I must have replied to this tens of times already. It is such a shame that those responsible for installing and rolling out of Project Server don't tell the Professional users that they lose several features because Server acts as Big Brother. Changing several views and tables is one of them.

Alll formatting is stored with the VIEW object. Some views are governed by Server and by Server alone. They are called Enterprise Views  You can change those views but when the project is saved and published to the Server, Big Brother restores its own version of the view and changes to it, such as formats, are lost.

You have to create a new view (View ribbon, Other views, more views, Copy) with a name not knowsn to the server. Reformat that oneand the formating will be "safe" after saving and publishing.

Greetings,

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 12:00 PM
  • Hi Jan,

I am able to save the formatting in one instance for Gantt chart view but not in the other instance for the same view.So,in first instance i am not doing any actions as proposed by you but still able to save the same view in one environment but not in the other.

Also the same was possible in EPM 2007.

Thanks to help in this case.

Thursday, October 24, 2013 4:23 AM
  • Hi,

It indeed depends on the Server settings. Project version has nothing to do with it.

Greetings,

Thursday, October 24, 2013 9:46 AM
  • Hi Jan, Thanks for your reply.

Which Server Settings I should look for?Can you please help on this?

-Thanks & Regards,

Thursday, October 24, 2013 10:28 AM
  • Hi,

As far as I know, Views stored in the Enterprise Global are Enterprise Viewsand cannot be modified through Project Profesional.

Greeting,

Thursday, October 24, 2013 12:42 PM
  • Hi Jan,

I am not modifying the view definition but the tasks of my project plan by putting the text to bold or changing color etc.

Regards,

Friday, October 25, 2013 4:20 AM
  • Hi, The answer is alredy in my first post, let me quote myself: "All formatting is stored with the VIEW object" The word All is to be taken litterally here, so including individual task formatting. So even that will be lost if applied to an Enterprise View. From there on, my previous posts apply. Greetings,
    Friday, October 25, 2013 7:45 AM