Something broken? RRS feed

• Question

• In the last week, all of a sudden every time I try to log into my BlogSpot I keep getting the message...Possible problem with your .gwt.xml module file. The compile time user.agent(IE9) does not match the  runtime user.agent value (IE10). Expect more errors. I use IE10, not IE9 and have been using it since it came out. Now, all of a sudden I am getting this message. Can you tell me how to fix it?

Thanks,

David Piekarczyk.......piekar66@hotmail.com

david piekarczyk

Saturday, December 21, 2013 6:32 AM

Answers

• Please include a link to your BlogSpot with your questions. Have you contacted the blog hosting support forum?

IE8 and higher may not be sending the Actual userAgent string in the request headers. The error message you are receiving is coming from your web page/hosting provider.

Post questions about html, css and scripting for website development to the MSDN IE Web Development forum. Include a link to your website.

Regards.

Rob^_^

• Proposed as answer by 暁北 Monday, January 6, 2014 4:32 PM
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Wednesday, January 8, 2014 5:10 AM
    Sunday, December 22, 2013 3:21 AM

All replies

• Please include a link to your BlogSpot with your questions. Have you contacted the blog hosting support forum?

IE8 and higher may not be sending the Actual userAgent string in the request headers. The error message you are receiving is coming from your web page/hosting provider.

Post questions about html, css and scripting for website development to the MSDN IE Web Development forum. Include a link to your website.

Regards.

Rob^_^

Sunday, December 22, 2013 3:21 AM
  • Hi,

What's your BlogSpot? and which version IE are you using?

Please make sure your BlogSpot is compatible with IE, but you can use the Windows "Compatibility View" setting.

Thanks!

Andy Altmann
    TechNet Community Support

• Unmarked as answer by Yolanda Zhu Wednesday, January 8, 2014 10:44 AM
    Monday, December 23, 2013 11:34 AM
  • http://david-polanddavid.blogspot.com/  IE10 I am using compatability view.

david piekarczyk

Wednesday, January 8, 2014 8:07 AM
  • http://david-polanddavid.blogspot.com/  IE10 I am using compatibility view.

What's the problem?  The sign in?  It uses a different host so you might have to have a different emulation set up for  www.blog.com...

No instance of  blog.com  in  IECompatData.xml  so Microsoft is not aware of a problem with that.

http://www.modern.ie/en-us/compat-issue-report

Can you capture the problem using the Developer Tools, Network Capture tool?

If that host works with IE7 a potential workaround would be to add it to the Compatibility View Settings or, since you have IE10, you could even try using the check box which says to use all sites in Compatibility View (as a workaround for the login site, which you might have to be aware of and toggle off to use with other sites which don't want to use an IE7 UAS.)

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Wednesday, January 8, 2014 9:28 PM
    Answerer