"The User Profile Cannot Be created - Try Again" RRS feed

• Question

• When I try to create a new user through Windows Steady State, I keep getting the annoying message, 'User Profile Cannot Be Creeated , Try Again'.

Any ideas why this is happening and how I can solve this issue.

I am running Windows XP Home
    Friday, September 12, 2008 1:50 PM

Answers

•  

Thanks for the update. Let's check if you can create a new account in Windows XP and whether this account can be recognized by Windows SteadyState:

1.       Click Start, go to Control Panel.

2.       Click on User Accounts.

3.       Create a new account.

4.       After that, please open Windows SteadyState and check if the account can be detected in User Settings.

Tuesday, September 16, 2008 2:11 AM

All replies

•  

Hi, this issue has been posted before and this can be caused by several factors. I suggest you first check the solutions in the following thread:

User profile cannot created. Try again

http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2881496&SiteID=17

Hope this helps!

Monday, September 15, 2008 4:04 AM
  • Hey Sean,

I tried all the solutions mentioned in that post,

1. I tried giving full permissions to the account I am making the WSS modifications from
    2. I do not see the option to enable/disable simple file sharing, I am using Windows XP home
    3. I cannot run nursmgr.cpl as it not installed in Windows XP home
    4. I do not have McAfee installed in my machine, I do have Norton installed, I did un-install and tried but no Joy.

So can you give me another option to try to alleviate the problem.

Thanks
    Monday, September 15, 2008 12:47 PM
  •  

Thanks for the update. Let's check if you can create a new account in Windows XP and whether this account can be recognized by Windows SteadyState:

1.       Click Start, go to Control Panel.

2.       Click on User Accounts.

3.       Create a new account.

4.       After that, please open Windows SteadyState and check if the account can be detected in User Settings.

Tuesday, September 16, 2008 2:11 AM