How to reset the Top Link Bar after usage of Stop Inheriting Links RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to get the bar as it was initially, like site 1 > site 2 > site 3 etc. I regret the "Stop Inheriting Links". How to fix that?

I use MOSS 2007.

• Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Friday, September 23, 2011 2:41 PM not programming (From:SharePoint - Development and Programming (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Friday, September 23, 2011 2:10 PM

Answers

• Hi Mari,

Looks like you are using Team sites - if that's the case go to Site Actions > Site Settings> Under look and feel > Navigation > Global Navigation > Check 'display the same navigation items as the parent site' and save.

If you are using a publishing site you would find modify navigation under Site actions > site settings.

Hope this helps!

BlueSky2010
    • Proposed as answer by Rashu,Rahul Friday, September 23, 2011 3:54 PM
    • Marked as answer by Qiao WeiModerator Tuesday, October 4, 2011 6:37 AM
    Friday, September 23, 2011 2:51 PM
  • Hi Mari,

To see Navigation under Look and Feel as BlueSky2010 said, we need to activate publishing feature in site collection, please go to Site Actions->site collection features->Office SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastucture, click Activate, then you will see Navigation under Look and Feel.

Thanks,
    Qiao Wei

Wednesday, September 28, 2011 11:31 AM

All replies

• Hi Mari,

Looks like you are using Team sites - if that's the case go to Site Actions > Site Settings> Under look and feel > Navigation > Global Navigation > Check 'display the same navigation items as the parent site' and save.

If you are using a publishing site you would find modify navigation under Site actions > site settings.

Hope this helps!

BlueSky2010
    • Proposed as answer by Rashu,Rahul Friday, September 23, 2011 3:54 PM
    • Marked as answer by Qiao WeiModerator Tuesday, October 4, 2011 6:37 AM
    Friday, September 23, 2011 2:51 PM
  • Hi,

Yes, a Team site is used but I don't see any Navigation alternative in the list of Look and Feel alternatives. Does that mean that I lack access to that or was your tip for version 2010 and I need to do different in MOSS 2007?

I got e.g. the alternative Site Settings > Top link bar. If I choose that I can rearrange the Links order or choose Use Links from Parent, but I cannot reset to the original setting.

Does anyone know?

• Edited by Mari iraM Wednesday, September 28, 2011 9:26 AM
    Wednesday, September 28, 2011 9:16 AM
  • Hi Mari,

To see Navigation under Look and Feel as BlueSky2010 said, we need to activate publishing feature in site collection, please go to Site Actions->site collection features->Office SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastucture, click Activate, then you will see Navigation under Look and Feel.

Thanks,
    Qiao Wei

Wednesday, September 28, 2011 11:31 AM
  • Hi Qiao Wei,

I guess this will solve my problem. At the moment I cannot choose Office SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastucture in my Site Feature. I seem to lack that access right and have to contact our IS department.

Thanks anyway,
    Mari

Tuesday, October 4, 2011 8:12 AM