none
Network issues after join domain RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi folks! At our facility, we migrate our domain servers, from 2003 R2 to 2008 R2, but we are experiencing some network issues. After a machine joins the domain, it loses network. This only happens with machines with Windows 7/8/Server 2008/Server 2012. This happened even when the domain servers were Windows Server 2003 R2. If the machine has Windows XP as the operating system, it works fine. We only are able to obtain network connection when we set an fixed IP.

    Has anyone come across with this problem? Let me know what any aditional information is required to diagnose and solve this problem.

    Group Policy Report: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30743665/report.html

    Network info before domain: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30743665/em-funcionamento.txt

    Network info after domain: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30743665/nao-funciona.txt




    Thursday, July 18, 2013 2:31 PM

Answers

  • As you have already isolated that issue is relating to GPO.

    To figure out which setting is causing a problem, you might want to do the following:-

    Create a Test OU and move 1 User/1 Computer in that OU. Link all the GPO (which you disabled) to this OU.

    Reboot the client computer and login as the user in the Test OU. By now, GP should have propagated. Then run rsop.msc on the machine to see the effective policy.

    I would check the Firewall, IPsec, Security Settings under computer configuration first.


    Regards, Vik Singh "If this thread answered your question, please click on "Mark as Answer"

    Saturday, July 20, 2013 1:20 PM

All replies

  • Hello,

    in https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30743665/nao-funciona.txt the client use APIPA instead your DHCP server, so please check the DHCP server and also the network connectivity.

    Please describe how the network is built and also post an unedited ipconfig /all from the DC/DNS servers, so we can verify some settings.


    Best regards

    Meinolf Weber
    MVP, MCP, MCTS
    Microsoft MVP - Directory Services
    My Blog: http://msmvps.com/blogs/mweber/

    Disclaimer: This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

    Thursday, July 18, 2013 5:41 PM
  • Hello Meinolf Weber,

    First of all, thanks for your reply. At this moment we managed to figured out that the problem lies in the Domain Group Policy. We have disabled all DGP and it solve the problem. Now, we have to find out what rule is making this happen.

    Regarding the information that you ask, I only can get that information on Monday.

    Thanks,


    Saturday, July 20, 2013 9:14 AM
  • As you have already isolated that issue is relating to GPO.

    To figure out which setting is causing a problem, you might want to do the following:-

    Create a Test OU and move 1 User/1 Computer in that OU. Link all the GPO (which you disabled) to this OU.

    Reboot the client computer and login as the user in the Test OU. By now, GP should have propagated. Then run rsop.msc on the machine to see the effective policy.

    I would check the Firewall, IPsec, Security Settings under computer configuration first.


    Regards, Vik Singh "If this thread answered your question, please click on "Mark as Answer"

    Saturday, July 20, 2013 1:20 PM