none
History of all files in my machine RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi All,

I have question as per below,

In IE when I can access history, in search history option I can view all the files in my machine.

Whenever I can delete the file, I can see the file name and its location.

Is this default behavior.

How can I get the traces for all deleted files in my machine into IE.

Thanks

• Changed type deepaktibhe Tuesday, May 15, 2018 2:29 PM not getting proper reponse
    Thursday, May 10, 2018 8:25 AM

All replies

• Hi,

For public access computers you should use desktop links (.lnk) files or pinned site links (.website) to force users to launch browsers in inPrivate/Incognito mode and use GPO to restrict access to the shell,desktop and external drives.

You could also, use GPO to disable the History menus in IE so that guest users can't access them or modify the Internet zone templates to disable file downloads.

Regards.

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 and Internet Explorer 11 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions.

Rob^_^

Thursday, May 10, 2018 8:45 PM
  • sorry,

I am not able to get it but could you please tell me where exactly is entries for permanently deleted files.

Right now I can see all the files whatever I have deleted in IE file search history.

Thanks.

Friday, May 11, 2018 3:26 AM
  • to delete an entry from your IE History DATABASE, right click on it and select 'Delete' from the context menu.

Regards.

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 and Internet Explorer 11 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Rob^_^

Friday, May 18, 2018 1:19 AM