none
Using MDT to deploy a WCD provisioning package. USB flash drive install. RRS feed

• Question

• I have a MDT server running Windows Server 2016 Standard with Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 6.3.  I use the USB flash drive as the MDT installation media.  I am now trying to use MDT to deploy a WCD provisioning package.  I have added a Run Command line in my task sequence at the end of the Install phase of the task sequence that looks like this:

DISM.exe /Image=C:\ /Add-ProvisioningPackage /PackagePath:%SCRIPTROOT%\RemoveApps\RemoveXBoxApp.ppkg

I based this command line off of how to deploy the package if it was being deployed directly from the server but since I will be deploying it via USB media, I know that this will not work.

When I have the USB drive plugged into the server, I can locate the RemoveApps folder and it is located here:  F:\Deploy\Scripts\RemoveApps

Can someone help me adjust my command line to have it point to the correct path off of the USB drive?

Thanks,

Richard

Thursday, March 7, 2019 12:25 AM

All replies

• Hello Richard,

Does your provisioning packages installing Silently? Have you tried to execute it manually. Please check it if it's not added to Trusted Provision-er you will get an prompt. 

Here is the way to install Provisioning package silently. Steps are mentioned below :-

1. Generate A code signin certificate using ADCS.
    2. The hash value of the certificate was entered in Trusted Provisioner option in provisioning package.
    3. In WICD the provisioning package was built with the cert.
    4. Provisioning package was manually executed on a machine to capture the registry settings created by the package in HKLM.
    5. You need to export this registry key & import it on other machines were we want to deploy the provisioning package(this will make it silent)..

Thursday, March 7, 2019 7:41 AM