Outlook extra mailbox's limit 14 RRS feed

• Question

• The background

The user has got an Outlook business account and 14 others we are not able to add the 15th I’m not aware of this being a server limitation so wondered if this is an outlook 2016 limitation/or image /policy limitation possibly the various searches I have carried out hinted at registry changes but the paths indicated did not marry up to my current build in this case windows 7 enterprise 64bit I will check my setup on my win 10 machine later this evening

Request

Is there likely to be a design limit on Outlook 2016 or is this a policy decision by our 3rd line teams or group policy's

Monday, March 19, 2018 5:21 PM

All replies

• I would tend to believe this is some kind of network policy causing this, as I have Office 365/2016 business, and use one account to archive all of our past employee mailboxes, i believe there is about 40 different accounts associated to that one version of outlook at this point.. running on Windows 10. 

Rob

Monday, March 19, 2018 5:27 PM
  • Hi Gerard,

What do you mean by “extra mailboxes”? Shared Mailbox or accounts configured in Outlook?

According to my research, in Microsoft Outlook 2016, the default limitation for exchange account is 10 accounts and the maximum allowed is 9999 accounts.

The relevant key is located at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Exchange

DWORD: MaxNumExchange

You could edit the registry value. If you cannot see this key in the Registry, just create it.

If you mean additional mailboxes, currently, I haven’t found any official articles about the limitation. However, if you access many shared mailboxes at the same time, I suppose that there's a performance issue in Outlook client. In this case, I’d like to recommend to use Public Folder instead of shared mailbox.

More information, for your reference: Performance problems when you try to access folders in a secondary mailbox in Outlook

If I have misunderstood anything, please feel free to tell me.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Wednesday, March 21, 2018 9:14 AM
    Tuesday, March 20, 2018 5:11 AM
  • Hi Gerard,

Just to check whether my reply is helpful to you.

If you have other questions about this issue, please feel free to tell me.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, March 23, 2018 12:50 AM