none
Remaining Cost inaccurate in PS2007 RRS feed

• Question

• I have an issue with one of our projects.  One resource's assignment's remaining cost is lower than it should be. The resource has 6 hrs remaining on the task but project has scheduled him for 4hrs.  I am looking at this in the resource usage view .  On the left side the remaining work column for this task and resource shows 6hrs. On the right side the work rows add up to 4hrs.  The 4 hours is what's reflected in the remaining cost. 

The resource has not reported time towards the task and it will not appear on his timesheet(the view option "show only current tasks" is unchecked).  THe publish column for the task is set to "YES". the project is normaly rescheduled each week and leveled bi weekly. Another resource assigned to the same task has 4 hours of remaining work, but 8hrs scheduled.

this is really wierd, does anyone have any ideas on what could be wrong here?

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 2:28 PM

Answers

• To add to this, yesterday I changed the work Contour from Contoured to Flat at the assignment level which caused the remaining work to match the scheduled work in the timephased section of the resource usage view.  I can change it back to contoured and the values will remain correct. 

• Marked as answer by JennPenn07 Wednesday, July 20, 2011 5:28 PM
    Thursday, June 30, 2011 1:16 PM