none
Other users need access[Editing permission] to My Projects RRS feed

• Question

• How to make it possible in Project Server 2013 that, A project created by one user can be edited by multiple users. ie., Multiple Managers for the same Project ?

By default, users  added as resources to the project or who have tasks in the project have limited access to it (especially to the Project they have only read permission).

So how to change permissions for a project so that, other users can read, write and publish the project and tasks associated with that project ?

I dont want to click each project and add a different permission to it, as given as a solution in various threads. Instead I have a set of Managers, who must be allowed to access all the projects created in that PWA automatically. Is there any solution for this ?

Thanks,

shanky

• Edited by shankyshan Monday, February 2, 2015 10:33 AM Update
    Monday, February 2, 2015 10:28 AM

Answers

• Hi Shanky,

if you have a a set of Managers, you can either add them to group "Portfolio Managers". This group should have all required permissions by default. Or you create a new group and add category "My Organization" and set group/category permissions and Global Permissions as needed. Category "My Organization" does include all projects.

Does that help or do you need some more details?

Regards
    Barbara

To increase the value of this forum, please mark the replies that helped to solve your issue as answer. If you find answers to questions from other forum participants to be helpful, please mark them as helpful. Your participation will help others to find an appropriate solution faster. Thanks for your support!

• Marked as answer by shankyshan Monday, February 2, 2015 12:58 PM
    Monday, February 2, 2015 10:45 AM

All replies

• Hi Shanky,

if you have a a set of Managers, you can either add them to group "Portfolio Managers". This group should have all required permissions by default. Or you create a new group and add category "My Organization" and set group/category permissions and Global Permissions as needed. Category "My Organization" does include all projects.

Does that help or do you need some more details?

Regards
    Barbara

To increase the value of this forum, please mark the replies that helped to solve your issue as answer. If you find answers to questions from other forum participants to be helpful, please mark them as helpful. Your participation will help others to find an appropriate solution faster. Thanks for your support!

• Marked as answer by shankyshan Monday, February 2, 2015 12:58 PM
    Monday, February 2, 2015 10:45 AM
  • Hello Barbara,

As per the guidelines given by you , I tried giving adding set of users to Portfolio Managers. Also I created a new group and added My Organization to it and set all available permissions. But still it is not allowing these users to edit the projects. It just allows these users to view the projects and tasks , but not to edit them. Only the person who has created is able to edit the project and tasks.

Thanks,

shanky

Monday, February 2, 2015 12:27 PM
  • Sorry Barbara,

The Project was checked out, hence the Portfolio manager was unable to edit the project.

Now it is perfectly working after checking in the project.

Thanks a tonne for this help. It means a lot to me :)

Monday, February 2, 2015 12:57 PM