Problem in connectivity betwen windows 2000 server, XP and Win 7 RRS feed

• Question

• I have got a server which is on windows 2000 server and two  client machines. One client machine has windows 7 professional and another one has windows XP professional. When I try to share a folder from the machine at windows 7 from win XP I get a message "Trust relationship between workstation and primary domain failed".

Please guide what has to be done

• Moved by Paul E Long Tuesday, August 31, 2010 4:38 PM Not a Network Monitor Question. (From:Network Monitor)
    Tuesday, August 31, 2010 7:46 AM

All replies

• I have got a server which is on windows 2000 server and two  client machines. One client machine has windows 7 professional and another one has windows XP professional. When I try to share a folder from the machine at windows 7 from win XP I get a message "Trust relationship between workstation and primary domain failed".

Please guide what has to be done.

• Moved by Paul E Long Tuesday, August 31, 2010 4:38 PM Not a Network Monitor Question. (From:Network Monitor)
    • Merged by Tiger LiMicrosoft employee Wednesday, September 1, 2010 12:41 AM same topic
    Tuesday, August 31, 2010 6:51 AM
  • any reply please
    Tuesday, August 31, 2010 7:41 AM
  • Hi rmd it  ,

Thanks for post here.

Have you deployed active directory in your network? Is these client computer a domain member ?

If yes, please check if it worked with disjoin the computer from the domain, put it in a workgroup, reboot, join it back to the domain.

Thanks.

Tiger Li

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, September 1, 2010 1:54 AM