Can‘t logon the Central Adminstration Page Correctly RRS feed

• Question

• I follow the setup guide to finish the install  and configurations. But when i open the Central Administration Page using the domain user which was used to set config services, i get a login prompt. no matter what credentials i enter into that box, it keeps popping back up for serval times. after that , it could show  the homepage, but with another account(system account).

i can browe any page, but every time keep show me the login prompt box times by times.
    when i do some operation ,like modify some configuration, etc. it doesn't  work.
    Any ideas?

Moss 2007 CN Sp1

gg
    Tuesday, November 3, 2009 7:55 AM

Answers

• Hi Joy,

1.     Which browser do you use? IE or other kind of browser? Which authentication do you use?

If you don’t use IE, please download IE to see if it can work well as other internet browser may use different authentication strategy.

2.     What permission does the account have? Is it the farm administrator?

I suggest you install MOSS SP2 first and run post configuration wizard. As in MOSS SP1 it will show system account instead of the     account name when you use farm administrator account.

Hope this helps.

Lu Zou

• Marked as answer by Joy Zhao Friday, January 21, 2011 5:07 AM
    Thursday, November 5, 2009 9:35 AM

All replies

• Hi there.

A couple of things to try.

• Add the URL/Hostname of your WSS server to the trusted zone in Internet Explorer.
    • Disable the loopback check

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Magnus

My blog: InsomniacGeek.com
    Tuesday, November 3, 2009 8:11 AM
  • Thank MagnusJ,

both i have tried, but not work.

Moss 2007 CN Sp1
    Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition SP2

more, more, more...
    Wednesday, November 4, 2009 3:30 AM
  • Hi Joy,

1.     Which browser do you use? IE or other kind of browser? Which authentication do you use?

If you don’t use IE, please download IE to see if it can work well as other internet browser may use different authentication strategy.

2.     What permission does the account have? Is it the farm administrator?

I suggest you install MOSS SP2 first and run post configuration wizard. As in MOSS SP1 it will show system account instead of the     account name when you use farm administrator account.

Hope this helps.

Lu Zou

• Marked as answer by Joy Zhao Friday, January 21, 2011 5:07 AM
    Thursday, November 5, 2009 9:35 AM