Perfmon Collection on Windows 8 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All! 

Someone was able to collect performance data with MAP TK 7 targeting Windows 8 computers? 

Thanks! 

Max

Wednesday, October 3, 2012 6:27 PM

All replies

• Are you unable to collect performance data from a Windows 8 machine? If so, can you send the MAP log file to mapfdbk@microsoft.com? The log is located here: %Program Files%\Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit\bin\log

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. Please VOTE as HELPFUL if the post helps you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, October 4, 2012 12:31 AM
  • Hi Michael,

I sent you the log file. 

For your info, I added the account that runs the query in the "Performance Monitor Users" local group even if the account was already an administrator on the client computer. 

I've tried that on 3 Windows 8 computers so far ...

Thanks! 

Max

Thursday, October 4, 2012 1:11 PM
  • All of those Windows 8 computers are still on the Consumer Preview...

Thursday, October 4, 2012 3:02 PM
  • There's really nothing I can do for you on the preview versions of Windows 8. If it is still a problem once they are running the RTM version, we can try troubleshooting.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. Please VOTE as HELPFUL if the post helps you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, October 4, 2012 10:54 PM