Could not add a second email address to Outlook RRS feed

• Question

• I am not sure, maybe this is not the correct section of folder to ask this questions.

If anyone know which section I should ask questions like this, please let me know. 

I hope I can still find my post.

This second email address abcde@abc.com was created as a normal user, and permit to be accessed by User A in the Mailbox Permission setting in Office365. 

Then in User A's Outlook, I could not add this abcde@abc.com email address as a second email. No matter automatic detected or manually setup.

Could you please help out?

You may reach me by email.

Thanks a lot!

• Moved by Barbara HenhaplMVP Thursday, March 29, 2018 4:30 AM No Project question
    • Moved by Steve Fan Friday, March 30, 2018 8:56 AM move to dedicated Outlook forum
    Wednesday, March 28, 2018 9:05 PM

All replies

• I have added second email address to many Outlook account. I knew how to do it. 

But this one is just not right. Something not right. When I added abcde@abc.com to the user A's Outlook. It kept saying password is not right. But I knew password is exactly correct. Email is correct too, it just doesn't go through.

The email abcde@abc.com is a mailbox to receive general information. So it is being shared by multiple person. It was setup on another user B's machine with no issues.

Is it possible user A's machine has some file missing or damaged?

Please help! Thanks!

Thursday, March 29, 2018 2:44 PM
  • Hi,

Can you add this account in a new separate Outlook profile on the user's computer?

If possible, we may try to log the user onto another computer and test it again to see whether the issue continues.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, March 30, 2018 8:55 AM