Windows Explorer stops every 4-5 seconds (Windows7Pro 32-bit) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello and please help:

I can't even log into my computer in normal mode since my Windows Explorer stops every 4-5 seconds! (I have Win7Pro with a 32-bit laptop.) I can login in Safe Mode, and in between crashes, have been able to take the following actions per MS Help and Support with no discernable effect:

1. System Restore to 1.23.2017

2. Start-Up Repair (nothing detected)

3. Cleaned System

4. Emptied Recycle Bin

5. Config

6. System Diagnostics  (nothing detected)

7. Memory Diagnostics (nothing detected-BUT, supposed to see diagnostic report with start-up and I can't start-up in normal mode, so maybe the report doesn't show in safe mode and there is a problem, I just don't know it...)

8. SFC Scan (100% scanned, said couldn't fix all Windows Explorer problems and gave me a CBS.log file that I don't know how to find/use: windir\logs\CBCBS.log) 

Additionally, I've performed every troubleshooting option in the Control Panel. All found no problems/needed changes, except the following (which I don't know how to fix):

a. System & Security - Performance Troubleshooter: Superfelt not running

b. System & Security - Performance Troubleshooter: Several programs running at start  

c. Appearance & Personalization - Aero Troubleshooter: Video card driver doesnt support card

d. Hardware & Sound - Audio Recording: One or more audio service is not running

e. Hardware & Sound - Audio Playback: One or more audio service is not running

Phew... So, what's my next step? Anyone? Ideas? Please?

Please help! 

THANK YOU! Christine 

Wednesday, February 1, 2017 3:55 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Based on your description, I noticed that you have tried a lot of methods but still not work.

we need to collect application crash dump file for further troubleshooting. Also, the explorer
    crash issue we can use shellexview to disable 3rd part extension or add-in to check the results.

If the problem still persists, I'm afraid that there should be some serious problems with your system, you have to clean install windows.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Tony_Tao Tuesday, February 7, 2017 8:14 AM
    • Edited by Tony_Tao Tuesday, February 14, 2017 7:30 AM
    Thursday, February 2, 2017 4:14 AM