none
DPM2010 Auto Tape Loader not being seen. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Sorry if this has already been asked but I have had a look through and cant seem to find anything.

I have a DPM 2010 server connected to a DELL Powervault TL2000 auto tape loader. I can see in the system device manager it sees the tape drive with no issues using the microsoft driver, however under meduim changer devices it is showing unknown meduim changer and within DPM2010 it is showing 1 idle device stand alone with no tapes inserted. However there are three tapes in the unit currently.

Has anyone seen this issue before? i have spoken to Dell support who have advised I should be using the microsoft driver for the tape drive which I am but no joy.

I have tried to inventory the library but still nothing.

Kind Regards,

Jordan

Jordan Fillery

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 9:46 AM

Answers

• Hi,

You need OEM drivers, our in-box windows drivers will not work.

I found the TL2000 drivers dated 10-31-2011 A096.2.1.5 on Dell web site at one time but the link no longer works:

I believe that is a rebranded IBM TS35XX library - check out this forum post:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/dpmtapebackuprecovery/thread/d4a7d26a-b2f6-4fe5-a43e-65a7912e991c/ 

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

• Marked as answer by JordanFillz Friday, June 1, 2012 9:40 AM
    Thursday, May 31, 2012 11:41 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You need OEM drivers, our in-box windows drivers will not work.

I found the TL2000 drivers dated 10-31-2011 A096.2.1.5 on Dell web site at one time but the link no longer works:

I believe that is a rebranded IBM TS35XX library - check out this forum post:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/dpmtapebackuprecovery/thread/d4a7d26a-b2f6-4fe5-a43e-65a7912e991c/ 

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

• Marked as answer by JordanFillz Friday, June 1, 2012 9:40 AM
    Thursday, May 31, 2012 11:41 PM
  • Thank you Mike,

After Speaking to Dell support I was sent the correct drivers and after installing these found that the Meduim Changer Library was picked up in Device manager and then within DPM.

Thanks again.

Jordan

Jordan Fillery

Friday, June 1, 2012 9:41 AM