Microsoft Lync not sending any traffic to IP PBX RRS feed

• Question

• I have Microsoft Lync set up for IM,Video,and Audio and i would like to enable Enterprise Voice i set the PSTN gateway and i have the collocated mediation server configured with my front end pool on one server. The problem is when i run wireshark i see no traffic being sent from my Lync Server to my IP PBX firewall configurations aren't the issue what could be the problem??

Thanks in advance.

Tuesday, August 9, 2011 4:13 PM

Answers

• Can you run the Lync Logging tool and capture S4 and SIPStack All Flags (This blog shows how: http://blog.schertz.name/2011/06/using-the-lync-logging-tool/).  Also install the Lync Server resource Kit.  If you are unable to identify the issue with the information in the post please send the ETL or TXT files to kingma10 at live dot com
    Mark King | MVP: Lync Server | MCTS:UC Voice | MCITP x3 :Lync, Enterprise Messaging 2010, EA | MCSE: Messaging | blog.unplugthepbx.com | Twitter: @unplugthepbx
    • Marked as answer by Sean_Xiao Monday, August 22, 2011 1:31 AM
    Tuesday, August 9, 2011 5:24 PM
  • Sure - feel free to add me to your contact list.  The log is good but a little more would help..  I see that you are using TLS though based on this - I have not completed a Broadsoft integration and I know it is not certified but I would recommend getting TCP to work first.

Mark King | MVP: Lync Server | MCTS:UC Voice | MCITP x3 :Lync, Enterprise Messaging 2010, EA | MCSE: Messaging | blog.unplugthepbx.com | Twitter: @unplugthepbx
    Tuesday, August 9, 2011 7:41 PM

All replies

• Have you configured a dial plan, voice policy, PSNT usages or routes pointing to that PSTN gateway?  Here is a great series of blogs to get you started on this:

Normalization: http://ucken.blogspot.com/2011/01/enterprise-voice-best-practices-in-lync.html

Usages and Routes: http://ucken.blogspot.com/2011/01/enterprise-voice-best-practices-in-lync_21.html

Mark

Tuesday, August 9, 2011 4:18 PM
  •  

Yes i have the  dial plan, voice policy, PSNT usages and routes all pointing to the associated gateway but still no connection. The IP PBX which my company is currently using is a Broadsoft 

Tuesday, August 9, 2011 4:39 PM
  • Can you run the Lync Logging tool and capture S4 and SIPStack All Flags (This blog shows how: http://blog.schertz.name/2011/06/using-the-lync-logging-tool/).  Also install the Lync Server resource Kit.  If you are unable to identify the issue with the information in the post please send the ETL or TXT files to kingma10 at live dot com
    Tuesday, August 9, 2011 5:24 PM
  • Thank you Mark would it be possible to communicate Via Live Messenger?
    Tuesday, August 9, 2011 5:54 PM
  • Is this enough or would you require more information??
    LogType: connection
    Severity: information
    Text: Connection closed
    Local-IP: 192.168.255.61:5061
    Peer-IP: 192.168.255.61:55774
    Peer-FQDN: abcny-vmw-link.company.com
    Peer-Name: abcny-vmw-link.company.com
    Connection-ID: 0x2033B00
    Transport: M-TLS
    $$end_record
    TL_INFO(TF_CONNECTION) [0]0CE4.14A0::08/09/2011-18:06:15.514.00066685 (SIPStack,SIPAdminLog::TraceConnectionRecord:SIPAdminLog.cpp(164))$$begin_record
    Tuesday, August 9, 2011 6:53 PM
  • Sure - feel free to add me to your contact list.  The log is good but a little more would help..  I see that you are using TLS though based on this - I have not completed a Broadsoft integration and I know it is not certified but I would recommend getting TCP to work first.

Tuesday, August 9, 2011 7:41 PM
  • Hi,

Do you have connected the sip trunk of the pbx to PSTN provider?

Can you initiate a outbound call?

If no call is initiated to outside in the lync client and you do not get traffic being sent from Lync Server to IP PBX with wireshark, it proves nothing.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, August 10, 2011 6:25 AM