none
"Install Configuration Manager Client" Step in creating a Task Sequence RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

When I reach the  "Install Configuration Manager Client" Step in creating a Task Sequence I am not able to find the client that is stored on the DP. I tried to insert an image but the forms wont let me until I verify my account that I've had for 8 years... Please forgive my ignorance as this task was handed to me with no training.

Friday, January 27, 2017 5:02 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Please try to check the content status: \Monitoring\Overview\Distribution Status\Content Status\Configuration Manager Client Package

For more information, please refer to the link below:

Create a task sequence to capture an operating system in System Center Configuration Manager

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/osd/deploy-use/create-a-task-sequence-to-capture-an-operating-system

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 30, 2017 6:37 AM
  • First you must add this to your Applications\Packages, and then add to task sequence
    Monday, January 30, 2017 12:25 PM
  • This is normally done through a client package created on your SCCM Site server I can see on that step mine is called SP10033A Microsoft Corporation Configuration Manager Client, from there you deploy it to all your Distribution Points. Once that is done going to Monitoring\Content Status\ I can search SP10033A and see in the bottom right for me it has distributed to our 6 Distribution Points. Let me know if that all checks out or if you need help with more. 

Thomas Faherty

Tuesday, March 5, 2019 8:06 PM