Associating an email program RRS feed

• Question

• After storing a pdf file and attempting to send it via e-mail, I get the "no email program associated. . .." error message. I would like to use Outlook.com as the email program but have not been able to "associate" it.

It was easy, almost automatic with 8.1.

I'm sure there is a simplistic procedure which I would love to learn about.

Help!

WW

Tuesday, March 31, 2015 9:04 PM

All replies

• WW

Outlook.com (in a web browser) cannot be the default email program because it is using a browser.  If you want to use the send to you need to install an email client like windows live mail (or MS Office).  WLM (free) has the added benefit of backing up your data.  The online servers are not backed up

If you want to back up your data you must configure your account on a Mail Client. Follow the steps in this wiki

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

Friday, April 3, 2015 11:38 AM
  • After storing a pdf file and attempting to send it via e-mail, I get the "no email program associated. . .." error message. I would like to use Outlook.com as the email program but have not been able to "associate" it.

It was easy, almost automatic with 8.1.

I'm sure there is a simplistic procedure which I would love to learn about.

Help!

WW

Assuming you upgraded from Win 8.1 to W10 TP build 10041 or 10049, and assuming you already have outlook.com configured in your Win 8.1.........

You need to re-enable Mail before you can use it.

Copy from Insider Hub :

In this build, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Hope this applies to your situation.

Friday, April 3, 2015 12:13 PM