office:mac 2011 home and student- Pin not working RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I purchased microsoft office: mac 2011 home and student edition in Australia and received an activation receipt from the store. When I entered my 27 digit pin and logged onto my microsoft account it says an unexpected error has occurred. I have tried this 3 days in a row, changed microsoft accounts, changed language preferences as suggested by other uses with no luck. I have gone over the numbers and letters several times to check they are correct. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Thanks
    Monday, January 5, 2015 7:27 AM

Answers

All replies

• Maybe the best way is to call  support from Microsoft.
    Monday, January 5, 2015 3:26 PM
  • Hi,

This is the forum to discuss questions and feedback for Windows-based Microsoft Office client. Since your query is directly related to Office for mac, I would suggest you to post in the forum of Office for Mac, where you can get more experienced responses:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mac/forum/macoffice2011?tab=Threads

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Ethan Hua
    TechNet Community Support

It's recommended to download and install Configuration Analyzer Tool (OffCAT), which is developed by Microsoft Support teams. Once the tool is installed, you can run it at any time to scan for hundreds of known issues in Office programs.

Tuesday, January 6, 2015 2:47 AM