MDOP 2013 Now Available RRS feed

All replies

• I wish some body share MDOP 2013 to those who do not have volume lic login to download.

EDIT: I was able to get hold of the product.  Will upgrade App-v 5 to 5.1 and scan through new features in App-v 5.1

Is their a documentation on how to upgrade App-v 5 to App-v 5.1? 

• Edited by lanram Sunday, April 14, 2013 11:28 AM
    Saturday, April 13, 2013 12:28 PM
  • You can also test/evaluate MDOP if you have an MSDN or TechNet subscription. See this page for the licensing of MDOP for more information.

IT Pro Audience Manager for Web Forums

Saturday, April 13, 2013 4:39 PM
  • Hi Tony

Thanks for the news about the new MDOP 2013 package. I've got a question about the App-V part in the ISO: Why isn't there a MSI file for the client installation as it was in MDOP 2012? I need it to deploy the client trough a GPO... Where can i get the MSI files?

Thanks in advantage for your help/guidance!

Best regards,
    Stephan

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 8:31 AM
  • Stephan,

The MSI files can be extracted from the .exe file using the following command:

D:\App-V\Installers\5.0_SP1\Client\appv_client_setup.exe /Layout /LayoutDir=“C:\Any\Path\Desired”

This command will extract the core .msi files as well as the language pack .msi files to the path specified by /LayoutDir= from the MDOP installation media at D:. This is detailed in the What's new in App-V 5.0 SP1 article.

Additionally, the .msi files for App-V 5.0 SP1 must have the added condition of ACCEPTEULA=1 added to them to run successfully, i.e.:

C:\Any\Path\Desired\appv_client_MSI_x64.msi ACCEPTEULA=1

This condition must be capitalized.

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 8:48 PM
  • Thanks a lot! I read the article but as they only talk about language pack MSI files, i didn't tried to extract these files, because the language pack MSI-files are already on the iso... i hope they correct the article, so you don't have to read this question again in the forums. Would save a lot people a bit of their time, especially the time of all of you helpful guys!

Thanks again and have a nice day!

Thursday, April 25, 2013 6:04 AM