none
FIM Portal Groups to Set mapping? RRS feed

Answers

• S.Kwan

If using criteria to determine group membership, you can construct a set and a group with same criteria, meaning it should have the same membership. The problem is that if you are using static groups, then you can't do this.

You could use custom workflow that fires every time group membership is changed to add uesr to set, as well. I'm not sure if you can do this completely with the OOB activities or if you would have to write a custom activity using .NET code. Perhaps you could use a custom workflow activity, of which there are several available, to fire a PowerShell script that can do this, as well.

• Marked as answer by D Wind Friday, September 28, 2012 3:14 AM
    Friday, September 28, 2012 2:14 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Can you explain your question please.

M. Irfan

Thursday, September 27, 2012 12:40 PM
  • If I have users in groups in AD, I can export them to the FIM Portal - so they exist as FIM Groups and reflect this membership.

Is there a way to use this information to create a Set with the same membership?

This way I can trigger MPRs & Workflows using essentially 'Group' membership - which has become a Set membership.

Hope this clears up the question.

Thank you

Thursday, September 27, 2012 9:15 PM
  • S.Kwan

If using criteria to determine group membership, you can construct a set and a group with same criteria, meaning it should have the same membership. The problem is that if you are using static groups, then you can't do this.

You could use custom workflow that fires every time group membership is changed to add uesr to set, as well. I'm not sure if you can do this completely with the OOB activities or if you would have to write a custom activity using .NET code. Perhaps you could use a custom workflow activity, of which there are several available, to fire a PowerShell script that can do this, as well.

• Marked as answer by D Wind Friday, September 28, 2012 3:14 AM
    Friday, September 28, 2012 2:14 AM
  • Thanks Glenn - will investigate this route.
    Friday, September 28, 2012 3:13 AM