none
Custom Timeline dates RRS feed

• Question

• When setting custom start and end dates on a timeline I have found that when the underlying schedule data changes, the Phase dates "in the box" change to reflect the change in the schedule, BUT the custom start/end dates "outside the box" do not change. 

The "fix" is to blow away the timeline, then simply add it back, but if schedulers are not aware of this it could lead to some embarrassing presentations. 

The result is conflicting dates for the timeline.

Is this behavior documented anywhere?  Is this a bug?  Should this be reported?

Tuesday, November 29, 2016 9:31 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Which version of Project are you using? What do you mean by "custom dates"? Do you mean chossing another date format in the timeline/format tab, "Date format"?

I tried to reproduce the issue but I seem to work correctly for me. If you can share a capture, this would help.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Wednesday, November 30, 2016 8:25 AM
  • Guillaume,

He cross-posted this same issue to the Answers forum (https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_project-mso_other/how-do-i-report-an-bug-in-ms-project-to-microsoft/352a6a29-7cf1-477a-9442-fb9dfdf5adc7). Julie responded there. You might want to just put this thread on hold and let the discussion run its course on the other forum.

No sense in two MVPs chasing the same issue independently.

John

Wednesday, November 30, 2016 2:01 PM
  • Indeed users use to cross post in order to maximize their chances of having a satisfying reply. Thanks John for the information, it will save us some time, since the request was not clear to me.

Hope you're doing well.

Wednesday, November 30, 2016 2:08 PM