none
HTML / Web Apps RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Folks;

I am a noob at Process Explorer, I have The book about Troubleshooting Windows with Sysinternals, and just downloaded the intro documents listed in the forum. I am reading them.

The organization that I work for uses a lot of web based applications and “mashups” which use Internet Explorer as a display engine. The problem that exists with this is that as the applications function, they tend to shell out things from IE. If those things break, the thing that is broken is a sub-process of IE, which as they happen do not tend to throw errors, but rather cause IE to hang or crash.

What I need to do is (either by some manner of “sandbox”, or by having (finding / developing) the ability to record / analyze everything that a particular application instantiates by way of sub / child processes, etc during its operation in order to analyze failure in what would be a sub / child process (say a sub-process printing a pdf file that it has open). I am a tech, but I have not looked into this before, and any suggestions would be welcome along the way.

Thanks

A SouthWest Geek

Thursday, March 21, 2019 8:11 PM

All replies