Can't install .net framework RRS feed

• Question

• I had to reinstall windows recently (xp, sp3) and when I did I installed .net framework 4. I am trying to install sony vegas pro 10, but I don't think it likes .net framework 4... it's trying to install net framework 3.5 in order to continue with the install but crashes because I already have fm 4 installed. I uninstalled fm 4 and now when I try to install 3.5, i get the following error:

"Could not access network location d:/program files"

My C drive is for windows and my D drive is for programs. D drive is NOT a network drive, it's a local drive and working fine otherwise. It's not a partition of another drive.

What can I do about this?

Sunday, December 16, 2012 11:08 PM

Answers

• .Net Framework must be installed on the same drive partition that the Windows operating system is installed on.

Carey Frisch

• Marked as answer by MetalMan11 Sunday, December 16, 2012 11:48 PM
    Sunday, December 16, 2012 11:32 PM

All replies

• .Net Framework must be installed on the same drive partition that the Windows operating system is installed on.

Carey Frisch

• Marked as answer by MetalMan11 Sunday, December 16, 2012 11:48 PM
    Sunday, December 16, 2012 11:32 PM
  • Thanks for the reply. I had changed the default installation directory for program to D in my registry, and when I changed it back to C it worked. I actually tried changing it back to C before, but this must have been before I uninstalled fm4... I don't know. All I know is that it worked this time. Thanks again for the quick response.
    Sunday, December 16, 2012 11:43 PM