none
Timesheets from before someone starts as unsubmitted RRS feed

• Question

• How can I handle timesheets from before someone officially starts? Timesheet periods will already exist because the rest of the organization is doing theirs, and I know I can use the "available from / to" resource fields to cause the right timesheets status of "not submitted" display the right count of timesheets on the homepage timesheets tile... but when the employee looks at "manage timesheets", they'll see all timesheet periods as available to "click to create". Is there some way to hide those from such an employee who hadn't started, or at least provide a visual cue in the "status" column to say "not required" instead of "not yet created"? Clearly the information is in Project Online somewhere... because it is generating the right count of timesheets unsubmitted, so can I expose which timesheets those are to them through native timesheet functionality?

Ian

Friday, June 26, 2015 5:55 PM

Answers

• Hi Ian,

Unfortunately you cannot easily customize the "manage timesheets" view. There is no configuration possible with this view. You could close the old periods: they'll still appear in the list but the user will not be able to click on it. By training, you could also advice to select the "created and in progress" filter. 

Maybe there is a way by doing some code in a hidden content editor web part, but I doubt because you even cannot edit this page.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

• Marked as answer by Ian Bruckner Wednesday, July 1, 2015 8:43 PM
    Monday, June 29, 2015 8:40 AM