none
windows 10 creator update- defaultuser0 user profile

Question

• anyone created  windows 10 creator update for enterprise use and after sysprep and deploy via task sequence and login to any domain account, it will create a user profile named "defaultuser0" in c:\users?

the based WIM image in vmware does not have the "defaultuser0" account and profile in registry before sysprep. it only has the built-in administrator named "Administrator" and guest account disabled

so i am wondering if sysprep is the issue(first time doing sysprep) or is the windows issue because googling that this issue happen in build 1607 and not 1703 anymore.

sysprep file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ecnvpzlmn6964da/Unattend.xml?dl=0

any help is appreciated. thanks

Wednesday, April 19, 2017 2:45 AM

All replies

• Hi jeff1989,

According to my research, this seems to be a known issue since Windows 10.1607 version. It has something to do with the OOBE during the creating user account process.
    We could delete the user safely.
    Or add the following registry key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ Microsoft\Windows\ CurrentVersion\ CloudExperienceHost\ Broker\ ElevatedClsids\ {2b2cad40-19c1 - 
    AutoElevationAllowed=1
    Here is a similar case for reference:
    "defaultuser0" created on clean install of Anniversary Update
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/defaultuser0-created-on-clean-install-of/e2333e94-ef5f-4932-8754-fd4ce27ae33b?page=6

I will submit the issue on my side, you could submit the issue with the "Feedback" hub.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 20, 2017 2:10 AM
  • Having the same issue with Win10 Ent 64 1803. SCCM1802 MTD8450 ADK1803 I am using a blank Administrator password on the Reference image sysprep and using the Random admin password and disable in the production task sequence. I had it happen in my 1703 build too.
    Wednesday, September 26, 2018 2:47 PM