none
DVD worked in Win 7 but not in Win 10

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for your question.

By this issue, the device could not be identified by the driver, we suggest you update or re-install the DVD driver to check if the issue persist.

We could refer to the following link update or re-install DVD driver:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc754090.aspx

In addition, please run the following command in CMD to restart Explorer.exe(Notice: please run CMD as administrator).

TaskKill /f /im Explorer.exe

Explorer.exe

Best Regard,

Jim Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, January 11, 2016 4:46 AM

All replies

• Since when this problem started?

Try run Windows Update and install all updates and restart your PC.

Open start and search for Feedback and open Feedback App and report this issue.

Thursday, January 7, 2016 4:02 PM
  • Can you see in DISKMGMT ?
    Thursday, January 7, 2016 6:57 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for your question.

By this issue, the device could not be identified by the driver, we suggest you update or re-install the DVD driver to check if the issue persist.

We could refer to the following link update or re-install DVD driver:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc754090.aspx

In addition, please run the following command in CMD to restart Explorer.exe(Notice: please run CMD as administrator).

Explorer.exe

Best Regard,

Jim Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Jim Xu

Monday, January 11, 2016 4:46 AM
  • Thank you for paying interest for my problem.

No, I cannot see the DVD drive in the DISKMGMT.

My Windows 10 is fully updated.

I have tried to search for a new driver. Windows just tells me everything is perfect.

I also have tried to delete the driver. Then Windows just installs the same driver.

Tuesday, January 12, 2016 3:11 PM
  • I forgot to write that it is able to read a program CD (and is then suddenly visible in Explorer) but not a music CD. 
    Tuesday, January 12, 2016 4:08 PM
  • Thank you for your trying to help me.

As I have already written, I have tried to re-install the DVD driver already, and now I have tried to run CMD in order to restart Explorer.exe.

After a reboot it unfortunately has not changed.

The drive runs for a while and when I click it, it opens and in Exsplorer comes up with a sign saying: "Help me by choosing a disk" just like before.

Tuesday, January 12, 2016 10:03 PM
  • Open Store search for Windows DVD install that if it is being offered for free (as some updated versions of Windows it is). Other that than install http://www.videolan.org/vlc/ Video Lan commonly known as VLC, a free third party DVD player that is highly recommended by a lot of people.

Tuesday, January 12, 2016 10:27 PM
  • I forgot to write that it is able to read a program CD (and is then suddenly visible in Explorer) but not a music CD. 
    Hi,

Did you mean you could see the driver at present, but it cannot read music CD?

Best Regard,

Jim Xu

Jim Xu

Wednesday, January 13, 2016 3:18 AM
  • Dear Jim Xu.

My problem is solved!!!

Like already written I followed your former advice once more as I had the feeling that it was the most obvious solution:

Explorer.exe 

After another reboot - again my computer is filled with nice music.

Thanks a lot for your patience and HELP! (-:

Best Regard

Jesper

Wednesday, January 13, 2016 11:59 AM