Change time for a self-service portal RRS feed

• Question

• Good day.

We installed System Center Service Manager 2010 SP1.

Application is torn on 3х servers. An operating system on servers Windows Server 2008 R2.

Configuration of servers:

1 - Service Manager Management Server

2 - Service Manager Data Warehouse

3 – SQL Server 2008 + Service Manager Portal.

At creation of incidents by the user through a portal incidents are opened, but time of creation of incident is displayed in format GMT. We would like, that time of creation incidents was specified in the standard for our country (GMT+3). We are searched for the information on Internet, and have found a blog Travis Wright MSFT.

Have made all under the instruction of a blog, but problem with time format in System Center Service Manager 2010 and isn't resolved.

The done operation of results hasn't brought, the information was is taken from blog Travis Wright MSFT here:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/servicemanager/archive/2011/05/12/customizing-the-self-service-portal-source-code-example-1-displaying-the-local-time-on-the-portal-instead-of-utc-gmt.aspx 

Source Code is taken here:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/servicemanager/archive/2011/06/17/portal-source-code-with-multi-language-support-now-released.aspx 

As well as it is recommended in a blog, we having installed Portal Source Code, and corrected file TimeHelper.cs and started to change CommonResources.resx. Portal doesn't react to changes in CommonResources.resx (not on for example GMT+3, not on GMT+03.00, not on (GMT +3), not on Russian, not on U.S. Central Time as it is described in a blog).

Who can explain that on more detailed how we can do this?

Friday, August 12, 2011 10:01 AM

All replies

• I'm rebuilt library, everything fine:

------ Rebuild All started: Project: Common, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------
      Common -> C:\inetpub\wwwroot\System Center Service Manager Portal\Common\bin\Debug\Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.Portal.Common.dll
    ------ Rebuild All started: Project: WebParts, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------
      WebParts -> C:\inetpub\wwwroot\System Center Service Manager Portal\WebParts\bin\Debug\Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.WebParts.dll
    ------ Rebuild All started: Project: AnalystWebParts, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------
      AnalystWebParts -> C:\inetpub\wwwroot\System Center Service Manager Portal\AnalystWebparts\bin\Debug\Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.AnalystWebParts.dll
    ------ Rebuild All started: Project: End user portal, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------
      End user portal -> C:\inetpub\wwwroot\System Center Service Manager Portal\End User Portal\bin\Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.Portal.dll
    ------ Rebuild All started: Project: C:\...\AnalystWeb\, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------
    Validating Web Site
    Building directory '/AnalystWeb/App_GlobalResources/'.
    Building directory '/AnalystWeb/'.

Validation Complete
    ========== Rebuild All: 5 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 skipped ==========

Server Error in '/EndUser2' Application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

Line 1062:   Debug.Assert(SdkConnection.ServiceManagementGroup != null, CommonResources.SdkConnectionError);
    Line 1063:
    Line 1064:   return SdkConnection.ServiceManagementGroup.EntityTypes.GetClass(classId);
    Line 1065:  }
    Line 1066:

Source File: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\System Center Service Manager Portal\Common\DataAccess\SdkQueryUtility.cs Line: 1064

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
     Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.Portal.Common.SdkQueryUtility.GetClass(Guid classId) in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\System Center Service Manager Portal\Common\DataAccess\SdkQueryUtility.cs:1064
     Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.Portal.Common.SdkQueryUtility.GetCurrentUser(String userName, String domain) in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\System Center Service Manager Portal\Common\DataAccess\SdkQueryUtility.cs:2642
     Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.Portal.Common.UserIdentification.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer) in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\System Center Service Manager Portal\Common\Controls\UserIdentification.cs:222
     System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebControl.RenderContents(HtmlTextWriter writer) +12
     System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebControl.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +41
     System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts.WebPartChrome.RenderWebPart(HtmlTextWriter writer, WebPart webPart) +996
     System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts.WebPartZoneBase.RenderBody(HtmlTextWriter writer) +1169
     System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts.WebZone.RenderContents(HtmlTextWriter writer) +261
     System.Web.UI.WebControls.CompositeControl.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +68
     System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts.WebPartZoneBase.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +448
     System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children) +239
     System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer) +252
     System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.Render(HtmlTextWriter output) +86
     System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer) +52
     System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children) +239
     System.Web.UI.Page.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +37
     System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +4239

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.5446; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.5420

What can I make with it?

Wednesday, August 17, 2011 9:29 AM
  • Hello Andrey,

Did you ever find out why you were getting the System.NullReferenceException in the SdkQueryUtility.cs code?  I am running into the same problem and when I complie there is no complaints but when trying to load the web page I get the same exact error.  I added all the references and followed the SCSM 2010 Custom Portal Development documentation as best as I could but still I am having no luck...

Please let me know or if someone else has a solution then it would be very helpful to me.

Thanks,

Aaron

Friday, September 30, 2011 7:25 PM
  • I have the same problem. Do you already have the solution?

Thanks

Rubens Arandas - MCP, MCTS, MCPD, MCTIP (www.cheetahservices.com.br)
    Sunday, December 18, 2011 1:07 PM