none
Windows 10 (1607), MUI environment. Language packs removed by component based servicing post deployment.

Question

• 2 additional language packs are injected into the image during build (MDT), nb-no and sv-se. They are confirmed to be in place with dism before sysprep . The image is created and imported into SCCM for updating. After update the image is manually mounted and language packs are again confirmed to be in place with dism. The image is then deployed to target computer and language packs are confirmed in place with dism after deployment. Language is set with GPO based on user OU and everything works great.

However; If I leave a computer logged on with the local administrator account for about an hour after deployment, the sv-se language pack disappears. If I don't log into the box at all for the same period of time, both nb-no and sv-se language packs are removed. In the event log I can see cbs kicking in to update Xbox, weather, bing apps and whatnot (All stuff I can do without, but can't reliably remove). According to the cbs.log the sv-se language pack is installed: 

2017-03-10 12:54:42, Info CBS Exec: Creating restore point: Package: Microsoft-Windows-Client-LanguagePack-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~sv-SE~10.0.14393.0, current: Installed, targeted: Installed

Then, on the next line, it changes it's mind and says it's absent:

2017-03-10 12:54:42, Info CBS Plan: Force applicability state to absent due to absent limit state on package: Microsoft-Windows-Client-LanguagePack-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~sv-SE~10.0.14393.0

This is driving me up the wall, and I need to get this to work. What am I missing here?

Tuesday, March 14, 2017 12:17 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Karsten,

After deployment, you also need to install it by yourself with the injected language pack.

Alternatively disable or delete the Language-Pack Removal task via the group policy

For more information, please refer to this article:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh825699.aspx#LPRemovalTimer

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Karsten12345 Thursday, March 16, 2017 8:29 AM
    Wednesday, March 15, 2017 6:10 AM
  • There is a scheduled task that removes the language packs that I added, because MS doesn't like that they haven't been applied to a user yet? I assume because of size (?), but then, why all the useless universal apps? Wow. Just..... wow.

Removed scheduled task with GPO. 

Thursday, March 16, 2017 8:29 AM