Recipients cc'd in after e-mail sent from anyone to particular user RRS feed

• Question

• This is a funny one and I'm not sure where this could possibly be set. When an e-mail is sent to a particular Exchange recipient, another Exchange recipients are cc'd onto the e-mail. This happens when anyone in the Exchange organisation e-mails this particular user and you only notice it when opening the message after it has been sent.

Tracking the message confirms that it is being sent to the additional recipients. 

As this is everyone, it's not client side. So looks to be in Exchange/AD that it's happening. I reviewed permissions for the mailbox and the people being cc'd in don't have any permissions there. I thought about delegates, but there are no delegate options set either. And even if it were delegates, the behaviour wouldn't be quite like this.

Any help appreciated. Running Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2010.

Wednesday, April 3, 2013 5:21 PM

Answers

• Hi

Please try to stop Policy Patrol and disable anti virus tools.

And then test via OWA on a new machine for that mailbox, by the same, close the Outlook on the original machine.

Because I cannot find any function in Exchange 2003 could do that.

Cheers

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here

Zi Feng
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, April 5, 2013 3:14 AM

All replies

• What does it look like in the sender's Sent Items?  Is everyone else in the CC line on the original message?  Does it also happen when the person is in distro groups?

Jim McBee - Blog - http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com

Thursday, April 4, 2013 1:09 AM
  • Hi

Another test, Using OWA and not using Outlook, both sender and receiver side,did that happen again?

Cheers

Zi Feng

Thursday, April 4, 2013 3:48 AM
  • In the senders sent items, it looks like the original message. Just that it has the extra people cc'd in who weren't when the sender clicked send. Because this is the case for everyone e-mailing this particular person I think that rules out Outlook as the culprit.

Will see if we can test from OWA as well.

Thursday, April 4, 2013 8:10 AM
  • Having looked at this more this morning, it appears that when the item is sent the people aren't cc'd in. However, a few minutes later they are. Which makes me think it's server side and something injecting it. We use Policy Patrol, however there are no rules to that effect in there. Likewise with Trend Exchange AV scanning. They are the only two things that we run that I think would add anything once the e-mail has been sent.
    Thursday, April 4, 2013 9:00 AM
  • Hi

Please try to stop Policy Patrol and disable anti virus tools.

And then test via OWA on a new machine for that mailbox, by the same, close the Outlook on the original machine.

Because I cannot find any function in Exchange 2003 could do that.

Cheers

Zi Feng

Friday, April 5, 2013 3:14 AM