Wrong name displaying RRS feed

• Question

• We have skype for business 2016, running from our O365 account.  Have noticed users that had an additional email address added to their account (user had left but we wanted to capture the emails) when you search for the user in skype for business, its shows up the other users name, ie the name of the other user who no longer exists.?

I have tried clearing out the lync / skype cache and this doesn't work, i have tried a clean install on a new machine and it shows both the names, but only shows the alias of the user i'm trying to find.  It happens on some peoples skype for business, and some users it displays correctly.  I have removed the email address from the users account.

please advise of any other steps to clear out wherever this information is being stored.

thanks

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 1:55 PM

Answers

• As soon as i posted this i found a solution which may help some others:

search for the user in skype. and then open a conversation with that user (even if its displaying the wrong name), double click on their name, hit the down arrow to show their details and then hit the right hand side "edit" under lync contacts remove any names that are not relevant.

hope this helps someone else.

• Proposed as answer by jim-xu Wednesday, January 18, 2017 6:29 AM
    • Marked as answer by Diane Roy Wednesday, January 18, 2017 8:13 AM
    Tuesday, January 17, 2017 3:13 PM

All replies

• As soon as i posted this i found a solution which may help some others:

search for the user in skype. and then open a conversation with that user (even if its displaying the wrong name), double click on their name, hit the down arrow to show their details and then hit the right hand side "edit" under lync contacts remove any names that are not relevant.

hope this helps someone else.

• Proposed as answer by jim-xu Wednesday, January 18, 2017 6:29 AM
    • Marked as answer by Diane Roy Wednesday, January 18, 2017 8:13 AM
    Tuesday, January 17, 2017 3:13 PM
  • Hi Roy,

I am glad to hear that this issue has been solved. We encourage that you mark your reply as answer so that someone who has similar issue could find this thread as soon as possible, thanks for your understanding and support.

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 18, 2017 6:29 AM