Private Meeting Room creation using Power shell RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to write a script to create private meeting room using powershell

But not able to find the suitable article to guide.

I found the below article but this is for creating public meeting room.

Please help me on this.

Regards,

Sudheer

Thanks & Regards, Sudheer

Monday, July 22, 2019 4:50 PM

All replies

• Hi Sudheer,

What does "private meeting room" mean?

By default, users can only check the free/busy information of the room calendar, they cannot check the details without permission.

If you even don't want the users with permission to check the meeting on room calendar, the organizer can set the meeting as private before sending the meeting request. At the same time, RemovePrivateProperty should be set to $false:

set-CalendarProcessing <room name> -RemovePrivateProperty $false

The RemovePrivateProperty parameter specifies whether to clear the private flag for incoming meetings that were sent by the organizer in the original requests. Valid values are:

$true: The private flag for incoming meeting requests is cleared (the meeting is no longer private). This is the default value.

$false: The private flag for incoming meeting requests is preserved (private meetings stay private).

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 23, 2019 3:07 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update on this thread?

If you need further help, please feel free to reply this post directly so we will be notified to follow it up.

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 30, 2019 2:17 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

For the private meeting room we have to update Owner,building number,floor number.

Please let me know how can we update this in the calendar

Regards,

Sudheer

Thanks & Regards, Sudheer

Tuesday, July 30, 2019 2:28 AM
  • Hi,

What do you mean update the Owner? What does the private meeting room refer?

For private meeting requests mentioned above, only the organizer and attendees can check detailed information. Additionally, building number and floor number can be added after the room name. It's no supported to display separately.

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Thursday, August 1, 2019 9:09 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if above information was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance. 

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Thursday, August 8, 2019 9:26 AM