Display the dashboard data as per AD Users preferences. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have a table with few columns and one of them contains userID. There are thousands of row in my table with client. I am displaying all the data in my dashboard and also deployed it to my SharePoint BI site.

Now I want when the User gets logged into my SharePoint, the dashboard data must get displayed according to his/her userID. I mean to say, if UserA gets logged in, then he should see only his data. Not the others data. So how to set the filter on Dashboard data by sending UserID from SharePoint?

Please help me on this part. Thank you in advance.

PKRD

Monday, June 13, 2011 9:46 AM

Answers

• Hi Dan,

I have solved the problem. The steps which I have followed are as below -

1) I have configured AD Profile with SharePoint Profile service.

2) I have used Current User Web Part to get the current logged in user and its related information.

3) I have passed the Active Directory (Profile) property to SSRS report filter and now I am able to see the exact data which is as per user perference.

I am getting the output which I am looking for. But my question is, Can we use this procedure?

Please let me know your views.

Pravin

Wednesday, June 15, 2011 11:35 AM

All replies

• Are you using a multidimensional data source for your solution?  If so, then you are going to want to setup Dynamic Security in your SSAS database and leverage the Per User Identity authentication option.

Just do a search for 'SSAS Dynamic Security' and you will come up with options for you to leverage.  Here is one example - http://sqlserverpedia.com/blog/sql-server-bloggers/ssas-dynamic-security-kerberos-and-performancepoint/.

Dan English's BI Blog
    Tuesday, June 14, 2011 11:26 AM
  • Hi Dan,

I have solved the problem. The steps which I have followed are as below -

1) I have configured AD Profile with SharePoint Profile service.

2) I have used Current User Web Part to get the current logged in user and its related information.

3) I have passed the Active Directory (Profile) property to SSRS report filter and now I am able to see the exact data which is as per user perference.

I am getting the output which I am looking for. But my question is, Can we use this procedure?

Please let me know your views.

Pravin

Wednesday, June 15, 2011 11:35 AM