SCOM 2016 upgrade RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have few questions on upgrade

1  Verify that the Operational Database Has More Than 50 Percent Free Space.

Do we really need to have 50$ free space, what if I have 10% space and autgrowth is enabled

2. I have only one Gateway server, no other gateway to agent,  failover, how does it affect the upgrade of agents in gateway ( can we just change the agents cache size)

3. Update the agent's health service cache size temporarily to prevent loss of data while Management and Gateway servers are upgraded,

Agents gets fail over to another management server and sends the data to it, is it really required to change the settings on all servers

4. SCOM 2012 R2 UR 11 can be upgraded without any issues? ( blogs says UR9)

5. I have SCCM and SCVMM installed, do I really need to upgrade them before I upgrade SCOM
    Wednesday, October 26, 2016 9:50 PM

All replies

• Hi Save Earth Green :-)

Please find the answers below and mark as answer, if useful.

1)It is recommended to have 50% of space but for me It didnt consume that much space.

2)Always the lower version of agents will not face any issue in reporting to the higher version of MS /GW , So you will not face issues with the agents

3) It is not required if you have enough space in the agent installation directory 

4) Yes it can be upgraded with out any issues

5)Following is the recommend sequence to upgrade .

1. Service Management Automation

2. Orchestrator

3. Service Manager

4. Data Protection Manager (DPM)

5. Operations Manager

6. Configuration Manager

7. Virtual Machine Manager (VMM)

8. App Controller

9. Service Provider Foundation

10. Windows Azure Pack for Windows Server

11. Service Bus Clouds

12. Windows Azure Pack

13. Service Reporting

Please mark as answer

Wednesday, October 26, 2016 10:35 PM
  • How does below ones answer my question. If any response answers my question, I will mark it as  answer thanks.

It is not required if you have enough space in the agent installation directory 

Always the lower version of agents will not face any issue in reporting to the higher version of MS /GW , So you will not face issues with the agents

It is recommended to have 50% of space but for me It didnt consume that much space

Thursday, October 27, 2016 5:55 PM