How can I add additional drivers on Windows Server 2012? RRS feed

• Question

• I just set up a print server on a Windows Server 2012 Standard machine.  I have all of my printers set up and they are working properly.  The only problem is that I can figure out how to add a 32 bit driver to one of the printers.  When I go to the "sharing" tab, the "additional drivers" button at the bottom is greyed out. 

I was able to add a driver under the "Drivers" section of the Print Management snap, but I can't figure out how to get the 32 bit driver associated with the printer.

Nate

Monday, September 16, 2013 11:20 AM

Answers

• The sharing model changed on 2012 when using Version 4 print drivers.  Vendor, platform specific software is not downloaded to client machines.  Version 3 print drivers will be downloaded, but since you assigned the share a V4 driver the option is not required and greyed out

Alan Morris Windows Printing Team

Monday, September 16, 2013 4:50 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• The sharing model changed on 2012 when using Version 4 print drivers.  Vendor, platform specific software is not downloaded to client machines.  Version 3 print drivers will be downloaded, but since you assigned the share a V4 driver the option is not required and greyed out

Alan Morris Windows Printing Team

Monday, September 16, 2013 4:50 PM
    Answerer
  • Thanks Alan,

That is what I thought.  The only reason I questioned it was because I had one machine that was unable to print.  This was the only 32 bit machine that we have but it turned out to be another issue all together.  It was a problem with our login script, not the driver.

Thanks

Nate

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 11:26 AM