Exchange 2010 SP1 Management Pack RRS feed

• Question

• H

I am trying to download the Ex 2010 SP1 MP for SCOM 2007 R2 CU2.  The link MS provided directs me to the download for the original 2010 MP which I have installed already though (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=7150bfed-64a4-42a4-97a2-07048cca5d23)

I have downloaded and installed this version provided by the link.  It doesnt change the time stamps on the Exchange MP files on the SCOM server and when I go to import SCOM says this MP already has been imported.

Does anyone know where I can get this MP? 

Thanks!

Thursday, May 5, 2011 8:12 AM

Answers

• Hi

ok I finally managed to get the correct file versions installed.  The original Ex 2010 MP had 2 dependencies, the Def MP and the Custom MP I created for overrides.

I backed those 2 MP's up and then deleted them.  I then deleted the Ex 2010 MP.  I installed the new version of the 2010 MP, then I re-imported the def and custom MP's.  All seems to be working great now and I have the latest 2010 MP at last!

Many thanks to you all for your time and effort!

• Marked as answer by Sjmry1 Friday, May 13, 2011 6:49 AM
    Friday, May 13, 2011 6:48 AM

All replies

• The link would NOT have changed.  This is the first time someone has said that the new files are not present.  Are you SURE you downloaded and imported the new files?  YOu may need to "add-remove uninstall" the old MSI for the new files to get written to your disk for the license check/file extract.
    Microsoft Corporation
    • Proposed as answer by Nicholas Li Friday, May 6, 2011 7:11 AM
    Thursday, May 5, 2011 8:41 PM
  • Hi,

The version of the Exchange 2010 SP1 Management Pack should be 14.02.0071.0. Please try again referring to the following post:

Exchange 2010 SP1 Management Pack ships. Version 14.02.0071.0

http://blogs.technet.com/b/kevinholman/archive/2011/04/07/exchange-2010-sp1-management-pack-ships-version-14-02-0071-0.aspx

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, May 6, 2011 8:52 AM
  • I downloaded from the link, installed the msi and then installed the 2 x .mp files.  SCOM said these were already installed.  Also looking at the timestamps on the .mp files states 15/12/2010 - not yesterdays date.

I uninstalled the msi, redownloaded and exactly the same issue occurred.  Do you have a copy of the msi or .mp files anywhere?

Many thanks for your time

Friday, May 6, 2011 10:46 AM
  • Hi

maybe i am doing something wrong

Steps I follow are (the existing Ex 2010 MP is already installed)

I run the .msi on the RMS server (Win 2008 R2) from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=7150bfed-64a4-42a4-97a2-07048cca5d23 (x64 version)

I extract the contents to C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\v14\Bin\ and C:\Program Files\System Center Management Packs\

I then restarted

When I check the contents of C:\Program Files\System Center Management Packs\ I see the Ex MP files, but they are dated 15/12/2010???

Seems like I must be doing something wrong!

Thanks

Friday, May 6, 2011 1:26 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for your updates.

Please go to SCOM console – Administration – Management Packs and see what the version of the Exchange Server 2010 Management Pack is. If it is 14.2.71.0, you don’t need to update it.

Thanks.
    Nicholas Li - MSFT
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, May 9, 2011 2:34 AM
  • Hi

no the version is 14.0.650.8 and .7 for the Reportr Library MP

Thanks

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 7:57 AM
  • could it be that I have some dependencies on the original 2010 MP in SCOM and therefore I cannot upgrade/remove it?  How can I tell if so?

Thanks again

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 7:59 AM
  • In scom administration - management packs. Find the exchange ones there and open their properties. You will see the dependencies tab.

Also make sure to read the MP guide. Some mp's have a requirement for you to first remove an old version of the mp before being able to import the new one. It will be stated in the mp guide.

The msi you run does not import the management packs I think. You can find them at C:\Program Files\System Center Management Packs . Could be that the file date is in december 2010. If you import them you will see the version number. SO you can import them from disk. If it has any problems during that process you can probably find out whats going on.

Bob Cornelissen - BICTT (My BICTT Blog)
    Wednesday, May 11, 2011 8:29 AM
  • Hi

ok so I see that a custom 2010 MP i created for overrides and the default MP are dependencies on the Exchange 2010 MP I originally installed

How can I remove these?

Many thanks

Thursday, May 12, 2011 2:27 PM
  • You shouldn't have to.  It sounds like you are having problems extracting the right versions of files.  Perhaps you do not have permissions on the server you are extracting onto.  Try on your laptop.
    Microsoft Corporation
    Thursday, May 12, 2011 3:56 PM
  • Hi

ok I finally managed to get the correct file versions installed.  The original Ex 2010 MP had 2 dependencies, the Def MP and the Custom MP I created for overrides.

I backed those 2 MP's up and then deleted them.  I then deleted the Ex 2010 MP.  I installed the new version of the 2010 MP, then I re-imported the def and custom MP's.  All seems to be working great now and I have the latest 2010 MP at last!

Many thanks to you all for your time and effort!

• Marked as answer by Sjmry1 Friday, May 13, 2011 6:49 AM
    Friday, May 13, 2011 6:48 AM