none
Project Server 2010 Text Type field different from 2007?? RRS feed

• General discussion

• I tried using a formula from PS 2007 in PS 2010 for showing the indicator but the calculation is not working in Text type field. The formula was working fine in PS 2007 Text field. e.g ([Baseline Duration]/4800)*.05

But when i did the same with number format it worked. This is causing a problem when i am creating a formula for schedule indicator where the result is text based on Mathematical formula :(

Thanks & Regards, Benno
    Sunday, March 6, 2011 7:44 AM

All replies

• Hi,

this is caused by the new feature "Manually Scheduled". Since you can now enter any text into Start and Finish fields, these fields are of type text. Project stores the values of fields in Scheduled Start and Scheduled Finish, both of type Date. Similar for Baseline: Baseline Start is of type Text, Baseline Estimated Start is the related Date field. So you will need to replace ([Baseline Duration]/4800)*.05 by ([Baseline Estimated Duration]/4800)*.05.

Does that help?
    Barbara

Sunday, March 6, 2011 7:56 AM
  • Hi Barbara,

That didnt worked. I guess when i am trying to multiply the result with any decimal values like .05,.1 etc its giving error. I tried using ([Baseline Duration]/4800) *10/100,  ([Baseline Duration]/4800)*5/100 and it worked fine.

Thanks & Regards, Benno
    Monday, March 7, 2011 4:53 AM
  • Hi Benno,

great that you had been able to solve! Do you use different regional settings in 2010 than 2007?
    However, be aware of that you may have some issues using [Baseline Duration], if tasks are manually planned and PM enters any text into Duration field before baselining.

Regards
    Barbara

Monday, March 7, 2011 5:23 AM