[SOLVED] What are the (real) limitations of Azure File Backup? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Storage Account in East US 2 with GRS conifured and without firewall. This storage account does not show as available when I try to create a backup up for it.

I've seen this post here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/backup/backup-azure-files

According to it, there is nothing that should prevent my storage account from being available. Other storage accounts in the same region, with LRS configured shows up.

Thursday, June 6, 2019 3:01 PM

Answers

• Found out the Stoacc was registered in another service vault.
    Wednesday, July 3, 2019 2:47 PM

All replies

• Marcelo Thanks for posting, I did a test and was able to configure a GRS account in that specific region. It's worth noting that your backup vault and the resources you want to backup must be in the same region, ex: Vault in East US 2 as well as the storage account. Let me know if this helps.
    Thursday, June 6, 2019 10:41 PM
  • @Marcelo Salvatori Just checking in to see if the above answer helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same, which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. And, if you have any further query do let us know.
    Monday, June 10, 2019 10:19 AM
  • And were you able to configura a backup to this storage account?
    Monday, June 17, 2019 7:10 PM
  • Yes Marcelo, I was able to configure it. I'd recommend checking on both the location of your FS and the backup vault, they have to be in the same location.
    Monday, June 17, 2019 7:17 PM
  • They are in the same region.
    Wednesday, June 19, 2019 3:35 PM
  • The Storage Account also have blobs. Could it be the problem?
    Wednesday, June 19, 2019 3:40 PM
  • It shouldn't, Marcelo, Azure File share backups are a service within an azure storage account. Currently Azure file share(The service) backups is supported, and only limit is that the vault and the Azure File Share has to be in the same region. 
    For backing up a full Azure Storage Account(which includes Azure blobs, Azure File shares, Azure Queues and Azure Tables) using backup, it is not possible to do so, you'll have to backup each service individually. 
    Does this clarify your question ? Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Adam

Wednesday, June 26, 2019 5:07 PM
  • @Marcelo Salvatori Just checking in to see if the above answer helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same, which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. And, if you have any further query do let us know.
    Wednesday, July 3, 2019 7:07 AM
  • Found out the Stoacc was registered in another service vault.
    Wednesday, July 3, 2019 2:47 PM