Presence Update RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a question regarding Skype for Business Contact presence.

How does Skype for Business handle the above? 

For example when i search for a contact that does not belong in my contact list the presence was away. When i double clicked on the actual contact the status changed automatically to available. is this how it is supposed to work? 

Tuesday, May 17, 2016 8:20 AM

Answers

• Hi,

If the issue happen with multiple users, then please double check the SFB Server side:

1. Check if there is any SFB related Event Viewer log on FE Server.

2. Check if CMS update to the latest status.

3. There is no connection issue between FE Server and BE Server.

If the issue just happen for few users, then on these issued PC try the following steps:

1. Delete SFB user profile.

For SFB 2015: %UserProfile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Lync

2. Make sure SFB client update to the latest version.

Best Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Eason Huang
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Eason Huang Sunday, May 29, 2016 1:05 PM
    Wednesday, May 18, 2016 9:48 AM

All replies

• Hi,

if you are searching contact with in organization you should able to see the presence with out any issues, in some cases like if the user is federated user then untill you double click on the contact you cannot see the actual presence.

Check this

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/11/2014/10/02/lync-2013-explained-understanding-presence-flow/

Whenever you see a helpful reply, click on Vote As Helpful & click on Mark As Answer if a post answers your question.

• Proposed as answer by Eason Huang Wednesday, May 18, 2016 9:48 AM
    Tuesday, May 17, 2016 8:46 AM
  • If you search for a contact within your organization and presence is not automatically updated unless you double click on it what do you think the issue might be? 
    Tuesday, May 17, 2016 8:55 AM
  • Hi 

is this issue happening for all the users? or any particular user. Is this issue seen before or recently you are facing this this issue. can you please elaborate more on this issue can you brief about your current environment. can you please check if client is up to date if not install the latest patch check if still issue persists. 

Whenever you see a helpful reply, click on Vote As Helpful & click on Mark As Answer if a post answers your question.

Tuesday, May 17, 2016 9:54 AM
  • The issue is an ongoing issue for a while.

The environment is a Skype for Business Server 2015 fully updated. (I updated to the latest version 2 weeks ago)

Customer has 2 Front End Servers and one Edge Server.

I am checking if users affected have the latest updates for  Skype for Business client and i will reply to this threat as soon as i finish. 

Thanks 

Tuesday, May 17, 2016 11:40 AM
  • Hi,

If the issue happen with multiple users, then please double check the SFB Server side:

1. Check if there is any SFB related Event Viewer log on FE Server.

2. Check if CMS update to the latest status.

3. There is no connection issue between FE Server and BE Server.

If the issue just happen for few users, then on these issued PC try the following steps:

1. Delete SFB user profile.

For SFB 2015: %UserProfile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Lync

2. Make sure SFB client update to the latest version.

Best Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Eason Huang
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Eason Huang Sunday, May 29, 2016 1:05 PM
    Wednesday, May 18, 2016 9:48 AM