Multi Channel Audio RRS feed

• Question

• The problem that I am having is when I was running Windows XP Pro. I had a program called C-Audio that some how forced multi channel audio.  In windows 7 Pro when i do an audio test and it tests the Dolby Digital the Multi Channel Decoding is then activated at my Sterio Reciver.  I currently have the computer hooked up via a Optical audio cable.  My motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-MA790FX-DQ6, which has the audio onboard.  I am running windows 7 Pro with all updates.  So to summerize this the multi channel only comes on during the dolby digital test, and I would like to know if there is a way to force this to stay on because the audio quality is much better with it on then with it of of course.  I am not sure if this should be posted here or in the hardware form but let me know if I posted it in the wrong post, I will just repost it.

Thank you

Monday, April 19, 2010 12:12 AM

All replies

• Proposed as answer by Jiří Janata Thursday, June 21, 2012 6:16 PM
    Wednesday, May 12, 2010 9:50 PM
  • Hello

Thanks for the link.  The driver worked and the extra software worked as well.  It did activate the multi channel decoding on the reciver, the only problem that I am having now is when it activates it for some reason it is not using the Sub Woffer channel.  I believe in the past I was able to activate the DTS Neo PC and the DTS Interactive as well.  This new driver and software does not allow me to do this.  I am not sure this is the reason for not having the sub woffer active during the DTS Neo PC.  I guess my new question is, do you know how to activate the sub woffer channel or do you possibly have a link or information about this issue.  Thank you for the info that you have provided so far, you help is greatly appriciated. 

Thanks

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 2:53 AM