none
How to compare Physical % Complete and %Complete?? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi! I having problems comparing those statements. Actually I am in a proyect in which I need  to compare the %complete vs physical % complete. If I use the update according to schedule tool on the %complete it will give me a summarize according to the duration. On the other hand, the idea is to type manually the physical % complete in order to compare the summary of both. 

The problem is that Project does not summarize the physical % complete. I found other ways that actually summarize it but unfortunately does not take into account the duration. How do I solve it??

Thanks in advance!

Friday, February 17, 2017 2:55 PM

All replies

• Josedeleon,

I don't quite understand what you are trying to accomplish. The Percent Complete field is duration based and the formula used to calculate the percent complete value for a summary line is:

Summary line % complete = (sum of subtask actual durations)/(sum of subtask durations)*100%

On the other hand, physical percent complete is a manual entry and because Project has no idea how values will be entered there can be no set formula for calculating physical percent complete for a summary line.

John

Friday, February 17, 2017 3:50 PM