Skype for Business Server 2015 - Client Phone Sign In Username Prepopulated in Wrong Format RRS feed

• Question

• We use Skype for Business Server 2015 on-premises in an Exchange Online environment. Many of our clients use Polycom VVX phones with the BToE Client software to sync with the SFB client. 

When Skype for Business prompts for the Phone Sign In (Login information needed prompt), the username field is prepopulated, and formatted in the DOMAIN/Username format. This is incorrect, as the username format needs to be in an User Principal Name (UPN)/Email Address format in order to work with Exchange Online. The Sign-in Address field is prepopulated in the correct format.

This is a pain-point with my users, as they frequently forget to change the format, which causes their phone's Exchange integration to fail.

Is there a way to change the prepopulated username format to be in the correct UPN/Email format?

Below is an example of what I'm seeing. The field in question is the User name field.

Friday, April 12, 2019 6:23 PM

All replies

• Hi anc516,

It is the default behavior that the User Name uses Domain\User format, I did not find any way to change the prepopulated username format in the Polycom for now. 

In addition, you could also double check this with your Polycom provider for this.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, April 15, 2019 3:10 AM
  • Thanks Evan. This is an Exchange Online requirement to be in UPN format, not a Polycom requirement, so that's odd that there's no way to change that behavior.
    Monday, April 15, 2019 6:56 PM
  • Hi anc516,

Thanks for your reply, if you are using the same SIP address as the SMTP address, you would not have this issue. However, We did not find the way to change the format in the Polycom. 

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by woshixiaobai Thursday, April 18, 2019 7:03 AM
    Wednesday, April 17, 2019 6:19 AM
  • Hi anc516,

Is there any update for this issue? If the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who have the similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Friday, April 19, 2019 8:15 AM
  • Hey Evan,

Sorry for the delay, but I need to revisit this.

Our SIP addresses are matching our SMTP addresses. As I said before, this is Exchange Online/Office365 requiring the username to be in UPN format, not a Polycom requirement. Exchange Online can't handle a username in the DOMAIN/Username format that Skype for Business pre-populates this field with.

We use SFB On-Premises with Exchange Online, so the issue seems to be Skype for Business' assuming that if we use SFB On-Premises, that we'd also be running Exchange On-Premises, which is not the case.

Our users can't be expected to remember to change this value every time their password expires/changes, and we can't be the only organization using SFB on-premises with Office365. 

Is there really no way to change the prepopulated format? If not, how can we request this functionality?

Wednesday, August 21, 2019 1:04 PM