Room Mailbox RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have a room mailbox in exchange 2007

normally users who have the rights to administers it, will book the meeting room going directly into the calendar view,

my question is

if i try to book a meeting with some users and also wants to view the room mailbox if its available for that date and time

i do see all available and but when i check with the administrator who manages that calendar room mailbox have some meetings booked for that date and time in it

so wondering if i can do that. 

Thanks for your help

AK

Wednesday, June 8, 2011 12:22 PM

Answers

• I don't quite understand your questions but it seems like you're doing direct booking which is discouraged. Use resource mailboxes to schedule and manage room availability.

Resource scheduling in Exchange Server 2007

http://blogs.technet.com/b/exchange/archive/2007/05/14/3402515.aspx

James Chong MCITP | EA | EMA; MCSE | M+, S+ Security+, Project+, ITIL msexchangetips.blogspot.com
    • Marked as answer by Gavin-Zhang Monday, June 20, 2011 6:15 AM
    Wednesday, June 8, 2011 3:16 PM

All replies

• I don't quite understand your questions but it seems like you're doing direct booking which is discouraged. Use resource mailboxes to schedule and manage room availability.

Resource scheduling in Exchange Server 2007

http://blogs.technet.com/b/exchange/archive/2007/05/14/3402515.aspx

James Chong MCITP | EA | EMA; MCSE | M+, S+ Security+, Project+, ITIL msexchangetips.blogspot.com
    • Marked as answer by Gavin-Zhang Monday, June 20, 2011 6:15 AM
    Wednesday, June 8, 2011 3:16 PM
  • I agree with Jamestechman it is better to invite the room as a resource; however, I have several conference rooms in my organization that are managed the same way because of politics.  I have seen the same issue when the user who does not see the existing meetings in the room calendar is using Outlook 2007 in cache mode.  there is a problem with synchronization; you may also see items in the Sync Folders and/or items stuck in the Outbox.  Take your Outlook our of cache mode and you should see the room calendar correctly.
    TBrennan
    Wednesday, June 8, 2011 8:49 PM
  • Hi A Khan,

Any update for yor issue?
    Above gave some good suggestion.

Regards!
    Gavin

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, June 9, 2011 11:06 AM