Exchange 2007 is keep freezing with the mail received not sent to users RRS feed

• Question

• I got this problem from time to time in past, but now it is happening more times a day.

When Exchange freezes, I go to services of the Windows server 2008 were it is installed and restart all the Exchange related services even if they are all shown as running. By restarting the services, I can unlock the situation, but I can not say which service is giving this problem

Please let me know

thnaks

Regards

Diego Bernardi

Stalam S.p.A.

Tuesday, September 30, 2014 9:50 AM

All replies

• What do you see in the event logs?
    Tuesday, September 30, 2014 1:35 PM
  • If you don't know then why not try stopping and starting each service, one at a time, to discover which one seems to be the problem?

I think a better description of what "Exchange freezes" means would help, too. Do Outlook and OWA clients lose connectivity to the mailboxes? Or is it that messages aren't sent (i.e.  they remain in the Outbox" folder)? Or perhaps when you "telnet <server-name> 25" you get no response?

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE&I, Exchange MVP

Tuesday, September 30, 2014 7:43 PM
  • Hello,

Firstly considering checking the Transport Service. Also check the application log and see if there are any related error IDs.

Thanks,

Simon Wu
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, October 1, 2014 7:37 AM