Dell Dimension E521 DVD-Cd Rom problems..Please Help RRS feed

• Question

• I have a dell Dimension E521 with Vista...My DVD-Cd-ROM stopped working...I went in and found my drivers and it has a yellow triangle with a ? in the middle of it...I tried updating drivers..says up to date...tried unistall and reinstall...still doesn't work...At the same time my rom quit working other progams stopped working properly..DVD Slide show and funhouse...says device not found...I tried System restore but it didn't work...I didn't know System Restore wasn't turned on....Have had the computer less than a year...My kids use this computer also and I don't know if they have knocked something out...I am not very good with computers...And could use some help...PLEASE.....

Saturday, October 27, 2007 4:43 PM

Answers

• Hello Poisonivy,

According to your post, I really suspect that the device has errors inside and stop working.

To avoid other causes related to the driver, you may use following steps to reinstall the latest driver.

1.       Open Device Manager

2.       Find the name of CD/DVD driver marked with yellow question mark, and download the corresponding driver from the following website:
    http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?os=WLH&osl=EN&catid=32&impid=-1&servicetag=&SystemID=DIM_P4_E521&hidos=WLH&hidlang=en
    Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

3.       Install the driver downloaded and check the device again.

If the steps above doesn’t work, you may contact Dell to issue this problem.

Regards

Lionel Chen

Tuesday, October 30, 2007 10:05 AM