none
After Rollup 3 DPM2012 won't accept existing CBA-attached servers RRS feed

• Question

• We applied RU3 on one of our Three primary dpmservers today. upgrade Went fine and all AD-attached servers are behaving fine after agentupgrades are pushed.

But none of our CBA-attached servers plays along. Im not totally in how DCOM/RPC-traffic works when CBA is in the game.

When the DPM-server tries to refresh agent-information, Connection from dpm towards PS are being successfully established on dstport 6076, but then PS tries to connect back to DPM, also on dst port 6067, but this time there's SYN_SENT?

The firewall-rule on DPM-server is still in Place, allowing inbound Connections to its 6076, and on the protected server the firewall is turned off.

DCOM-permissions seems to be fine on DPMRA.

I cant run "sc \\<protectedserver> Query" or net view towards the PS, is this required when the PS is attached through CBA?

Any help here would be greatly appreciated since were now standing w/o backup on a couple of productionmachines.

Ivarson

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 7:46 PM

Answers

• fcuk!

just as the guy in this thread said, we also noticed that the cbawrapper-service for some reason was disabled on the PS, but i overlooked it on the dpm-side, which was acting the same way, enabling it again made it work again.

I too wan't the answer on this one;

Why on Earth is that service disabled after rollup 3??

Feels kinda like either it was supposed to replaced during upgrade and then restarted OR its legacy..

Ivarson

• Marked as answer by Ivarson Wednesday, December 12, 2012 7:55 PM
    Wednesday, December 12, 2012 7:55 PM

All replies

• fcuk!

just as the guy in this thread said, we also noticed that the cbawrapper-service for some reason was disabled on the PS, but i overlooked it on the dpm-side, which was acting the same way, enabling it again made it work again.

I too wan't the answer on this one;

Why on Earth is that service disabled after rollup 3??

Feels kinda like either it was supposed to replaced during upgrade and then restarted OR its legacy..

Ivarson

• Marked as answer by Ivarson Wednesday, December 12, 2012 7:55 PM
    Wednesday, December 12, 2012 7:55 PM
  • This issue appearently didn't reached the devs, I asked support about this in another case and devs confirmed its a bug in the installer that the'll try to fix in next rollup

Ivarson

Monday, September 1, 2014 11:13 AM