none
Cannot Open hyperlinks driving me crazy RRS feed

• Question

• HI,

I am using win 7 with IE11. I cannot open links/hyperlinks on certain web pages. I can open these in Chrome and on another PC. When I right click the link they can open in a new window but not in the same window. I have tried a reset of IE and also the Microsoft fixit but no joy.

Any suggestions guys.

Bazzer

Sunday, April 3, 2016 8:16 AM

Answers

• Hi Bary,

since this only happens on certain websites, then it is likely to be a problem with the way those certain websites are programmed or the integrity of those sites that the hyperlinks link to... please include links to any web sites you are having problems with your questions.

you can try (my guess)...

Tools>Internet Options>Security tab, click "Reset all zones to default"

then

select the Trusted Sites Icon, 'Sites' button..... remove any web sites you have placed in the list.....

The Trusted Zone actually allows content of a lower integrity (eg. Unsigned ActiveX controls are allowed)... and IE has a security setting preventing navigation into a zone of lower integrity.

Regards.

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 and Internet Explorer 11 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Rob^_^

Monday, April 4, 2016 3:05 AM