OneDrive Syncing Issues between Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 RRS feed

• Question

• I am using OneDrive to work on files at work (Windows 7) and home (Windows 8.1). Last night I made modifications to the files at home. When I went to access the OneDrive files from work this morning, the files showed a modification date and time for last night, but when I opened the files, they showed none of the updates I made last night. I went to Onedrive.com and logged in. The files showed all the changes I made last night. So I downloaded the files from onedrive.com, saved to a folder on my work computer then copied over to OneDrive from my work computer!!  Argh!  I thought the whole idea of OneDrive was to make changes anywhere and see them anywhere.  Why did my Windows 7 computer not see the changes made to OneDrive files on my Windows 8.1 computer???  THanks for any help.
    Wednesday, August 19, 2015 2:29 PM

Answers

• Hello,

This can be sync issue with the Windows 7 with OneDrive server. Can this issue be always reproduced or it only occurs once?

How about you save the files from Windows 7 machine and check by your home Windows 8 machine?

Since the system is in domain, the system environment can be differed. I suggest we firstly try disabling the firewall an security program to test if they are related to the cause.

Thanks,

Simon Wu
    TechNet Community Support

Sunday, August 23, 2015 1:30 PM

All replies

• Can we assume you are logging into both computers/OD with the same MS ID?  One drive is tied to the email address.

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

Wednesday, August 19, 2015 2:45 PM
  • Yes I am logging in using the same credentials, evidenced by the fact that when I browse to OneDrive, I am taken to the same place with the same set of folders, etc.
    Wednesday, August 19, 2015 4:26 PM
  • Hello,

This can be sync issue with the Windows 7 with OneDrive server. Can this issue be always reproduced or it only occurs once?

How about you save the files from Windows 7 machine and check by your home Windows 8 machine?

Since the system is in domain, the system environment can be differed. I suggest we firstly try disabling the firewall an security program to test if they are related to the cause.

Thanks,

Simon Wu
    TechNet Community Support

Sunday, August 23, 2015 1:30 PM